Our commitment to your privacy
This privacy statement outlines what personal information we collect, how we store, use and share it, and how you can access or correct your personal information. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our websites or contact us in any way.
We deal with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and this privacy statement.
We may occasionally update this privacy statement, to reflect changes to our practices.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information that we need in order to deliver our services to you. We collect personal information directly from you when you access our services or engage with us through our websites and surveys.
Information collected from you
If you access any of our services (including supporting our campaigns, responding to surveys, contacting us with a TradeZone enquiry, signing up for our newsletters), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name and contact details.
- Your address or region
- Your comments and community contributions.
- Survey results and responses, when you participate in any of our surveys.
- Any correspondence with TradeZone staff
- Website activity.
- Transaction history.
- Any other information you choose to provide us.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information".
Information collected from third parties
We may collect information from third parties to enhance our services, however, when we do so, this information is collected in aggregated form. That means that we do not collect any personal information from third parties about you. However, we may collect aggregated information and information about household electricity consumption and combine that information with personal information we hold about you.
Using your personal information
In order to deliver our services, we use your personal information in the ways set out below. If we need to use information in a way not outlined below, we will only do so if required or permitted by law or with your authorisation.
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with any products and services you request or sign up for.
- Set up or administer your TradeZone account
- Invoice you, or receive payment from you, for any of our services that require payment.
- Conduct market research surveys if you opt-in to receive TradeZone surveys.
- Target or customise our marketing and advertising.
- Tell you about our new products, services, promotions and campaigns.
- Contact you to advise you of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
All TradeZone customers signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications, including surveys. For all our marketing emails, you can choose to remove yourself from receiving these communications by following the "unsubscribe" prompt at the bottom of each email.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages you post on TradeZone FAcebook in our articles or marketing material. If so, we will endeavour to get your permission before copying or quoting your message.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. However, we do share your personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to deliver our services to you (such as for computing and storage purposes, email correspondence and marketing purposes and to assist).
Third parties, some of which are based overseas, which we share your personal information with include:
- Microsoft, our cloud hosting and computing infrastructure provider
- Mailchimp, for marketing automation and email marketing.
- Survey Monkey, to send you our surveys.
- Google Analytics and Google Ad Manager, for targeted advertising.
- Social Media Platforms (Facebook and Instagram), for targeted advertising.
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them. All third parties, to which we disclose your personal information, are subject to obligations under the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 to protect your information from unauthorised use or disclosure.
You can choose to opt-out of having your email address provided to Google and Facebook for targeted advertising by emailing us with your request to email@example.com
We do not share your personal information with any overseas providers which are not subject to the New Zealand Privacy Act. If we were to do so, we would obtain prior authorisation from you before we disclose it to any such third parties.
We sell aggregated survey results to third parties, but the results do not contain any personally identifiable or personal information.
How we store and protect personal information
We store your personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We use trusted third-party providers to store and process our data and ensure that our cloud-based platforms meet New Zealand privacy requirements. For more information on privacy practices for our key third party providers, see the following links:
We retain personal information only for as long as we need it in order to continue to provide you with our service(s), maintain the security of our websites or as required by law.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is protected against loss, unauthorised access and disclosure or any other misuse. We have an information and communications technology policy in place to ensure staff manage and protect TradeZone data and devices. Access to our systems and platforms is controlled, through role-based access, and all access is logged and audited.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular content); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Third-party cookies and other technologies: We use third-party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing and emails: we use third-party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the content you’re interested in and remarket it to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from TradeZone when you visit other websites).
- Impression reporting: we use web beacons to estimate the number of users that have viewed and clicked on our advertisements (as a result, we’re able to gauge the success of a campaign).
You can opt-out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site.